School of Vocational Education (SVE)
In December 2011, Tata Institute of Social Sciences set up the School of Vocational Education (SVE) with a view to providing Vocational Training Programs.
- The project was initiated under the aegis of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) proposed by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- TISS-SVE has propagated the Work Integrated Training Program to give a boost to the Learning Ecosystem.
Concept of Work Integrated Training Program (WITP)
The WITP model provides the trainee with the opportunity to enhance their skills and gain workplace based industry experience as a part of their Graduation program. For the trainee, the experience is valuable as training is built around the context of work, enabling them to learn by working and observing.
- To provide judicious mix of skills relating to a profession and appropriate content of General Education.
- To ensure that the students have adequate knowledge and skills, so that they are work ready at each exit point of the programme.
- To provide flexibility to the students by means of pre-defined entry and multiple exit points